Many people who get married might have not planned such a huge social event before. Nothing is more heartbreaking than an unpleasant wedding because of a problem with the wedding venue and bad wedding favours
The following are a few tips to follow in order to ensure that you chose the right wedding venue and that you do not make the wrong decision:
1. One of the first and foremost things that you need to do is to talk to at least five brides who have recently been married. This would give a fair idea of what to expect from a wedding venue and to tackle the situation appropriately.
2. Once you have decided the venue, you need to make sure that you check the Better Business Bureau for any possible complains against the services of the venue. Simultaneously, you should also check for the venue's reviews on social media and non-advertising based websites that provide a non-biased view.
3. Make sure that you visit the venue yourself before jumping to conclusions. Cross check that all the services that you are looking for are provided by the venue. At the same time, you need to verify that everything is as promised verbally before you sign the contract. You should be sure that you understand and read the fine print.
4. Understand and confirm that everything which is included in that package to avoid any problems during the ceremony. For example, the chairs that are provided might be included, but are the chair covers included as well? At the same time, does a fee for an open bar also include the fee for the bartender? Are service fees included or excluded?
5. One of the most important part of deciding a venue is to confirm the beverages and food provided by the venue. You should cross check the total because you can be really surprised when the final bill tends to arrive.
6. In case of an emergency or a bad weather, it is important that you determine a backup ceremony plan if you are planning on choosing an outdoor venue. This is really important as a tent can cost you more than $5,000.
7. You need to confirm the responsibilities and duties of the day of coordination at the wedding venue. For example, will you coordinate on your own or will you acquire some additional help? Will there be staff available at the weekends?
8.You need to determine if there are any additional costs and fees that apply if you do not use the vendors that are preferred by the venue. For example, the cost of bringing a photographer whom you love might cost a lot.
9. One final and the most important thing to remember is that your wedding is a long and a beautiful journey. You need to pick up a venue with a helpful and a courteous staff. You should pick people who would make this journey enjoyable. Pick those staff members that respond quickly and are always willing to help you, who will do anything to make your day special.